Business Growth Intern
6 month Fixed Term, Full Time
£22,361 per annum (pro rata)
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date: 28th September 2023
Are you passionate and social media savvy? Are you looking to become a crucial part of a dedicated, flexible and high achieving team, working on important initiatives? Business Growth Intern could be the opportunity you are looking for!
- Healthy work life balance; flexible and hybrid working options
- Wide range of learning and development opportunities
- IT equipment and home-working equipment provided
- 26 days annual leave (pro rata) + bank holidays + option to purchase extra
- Generous Local Government Salary related pension scheme
- Access to hundreds of discounts and benefits through Essex Rewards
- Access to our Health & Wellbeing Platform with Lifeworks
- Two paid days for individual volunteering and two paid days for team volunteering each year
- Disability Confident Leader; we’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job.
- Plus, many more exciting benefits coming soon!
For more information about the wide variety of benefits please visit our Pay and Reward page.
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda – one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong.
Working as part of a team to deliver effective and high-quality support to local businesses, with particular focus on the Ambitious Women in Essex initiative, you will deliver a flexible and agile service, seeking opportunities to develop your skills, capabilities and knowledge.
As a Business Growth Intern you will work as part of a team providing administrative support to the teams and colleagues delivering Business Growth activities.
You will work from home with occasional travel into County Hall, Chelmsford for team meetings and various event locations throughout Essex.
We can operate a mobile and flexible working pattern and the exact hours to be worked can be discussed at interview.
This a great opportunity for anyone who is interested in learning about running a project from start to finish with the chance to see ideas come to life! You will need to have a knowledge of social media and how to use it to promote an organisation, and we would love someone to be able to come in and bring new ideas and ways of working to make the community grow.
You will also have the opportunity to do lots of networking and will engage with the business community and meet with some amazing entrepreneurs!
- Previous work or volunteer experience working within a social media or marketing environment would be beneficial, and full support will be provided.
- Experience of working with IT systems including Microsoft Office, and willingness to learn new systems is important.
- Builds effective working relationships with colleagues and customers across the functional area and wider organisation, which are collaborative to deliver effective business support.
- An interest in local government, business and the issues women face in the working world.
Essential Requirements for the role:
- Educated to RQF level 2 (or equivalent) in English and Maths at Grace A*-C (or 4-9).
- Be available for virtual Interview on 13th October 2023.
- Be available to commence your internship in November 2023.
What will you be doing?
You will play an integral role in advancing the objectives of the Business Growth Team, with a specific focus on the Ambitious Women in Essex initiative; this will include:
- Social Media: Management of the Ambitious Women in Essex Linked In, Instagram and Facebook accounts, which will include daily posts, responding to comments and queries and signposting to opportunities. The Instagram and Facebook requires a ‘refresh’ to attract new followers and increase engagement.
- Video editing – Editing of video interviews via Canva and uploading them onto the Ambitious Women in Essex You Tube channel.
- Inbox Management: Monitoring of the Ambitious Women email inbox and responding to queries.
- Event Coordination: Planning and execution of regular events across Essex. This will involve event setup, on-site assistance, and post-event communication management.
- Design: All events require marketing material to be designed using Canva, implemented and promoted.
- Marketing: Promoting events and activities through our own channels and through speaking to business intermediaries and district councils as well as exploring new ways to gain an audience.
- Administration: Collation of monthly reporting figures, updating logs, collecting consent forms for video series, and diary management for events.
- Technical Proficiency: You will provide vital support to our team through utilisation of various digital tools, including social media platforms, Microsoft applications, and bespoke ECC systems.
- Effective Communication: Engaging in effective communication with colleagues and external partners via email, Microsoft Teams, and telephone, including our internal communication team for larger events. This will also include Collation and distribution of the monthly online Ambitious Women newsletter (using e-shot).
- Diverse Opportunities: As a valued member of our team, you may also have the chance to contribute to other pivotal projects within the Business Growth portfolio, collaborating closely with experienced team members.
Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us.
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We are committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you need any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We are also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
To read more about us please visit:
Economy, Investment and Public Health: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/economy-investment-and-public-health
Entry to Work: www.workingforessex.com/EntrytoWorkTeam
How to apply
Seize the day! Discover your future as a Business Growth Intern by applying NOW!
*Please ensure your CV includes details of how you meet the essential requirements for the role including your Education Level, as we may not be able to consider your application if these details aren’t readily available.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community
If you have queries on this role or require further information, please email: email@example.com