Commissioning Manager - Adult Social Care
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £62,326 per annum
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Commissioning is a key function within ECC, working across the system to improve outcomes for Essex residents and bring about significant change to manage future challenges. This role leverages expertise and capability to enable a more flexible and agile commissioning environment to succeed in delivering the organisations strategic objectives. This leader will work collaboratively, promoting long-term thinking and innovation to foster the conditions in which outcomes can be delivered.
We are looking for an experienced commissioning manager to work on our unpaid carers and early help programmes of work in Adult Social Care The role will lead on strategic engagement with stakeholders and external partners, exerting influence in a complex and political environment to achieve agreed outcomes, aligned to both corporate and functional strategic objectives.
We require a dynamic and creative person to join our team, someone who is a good team player, with a sound track record of management and delivering commissioning programmes. The successful candidate will drive our plans to the next level and needs to be an effective communicator, with good written and presentation skills, and will be confident working with partners and with those with lived experience.
About the Role
Roles at this level will be focused on delivering results in a specific functional area. They will hold expertise on the application of policy and improvement of service delivery. These roles have clear team budgets and targets set within the overall service requirements.
The role is accountable for:
- Driving commissioning programmes to meet priorities, as agreed with relevant Heads of Strategic Commissioning and Policy within Adults and Children and Families and, where appropriate, stakeholders and partners, ensuring plans are implemented with capability, ability and consistency to ensure outcomes are delivered, whilst ensuring value for money and sustainability.
- Working collaboratively across the system to achieve greater efficiency throughout the organisation to reflect local need and is evidence based to deliver the best overall outcome for the people of Essex, whilst protecting the Councils’ interests.
- Providing support and influence to Heads of Strategic Commissioning and Policy, leading delivery across a portfolio of commissioning activity, to implement outcomes and solutions.
- Leading on the development and engagement of a broad portfolio of stakeholders, across Essex and the wider system in order to deliver collective outcomes.
- Ensuring proficient commissioning capability and capacity as part of the Adult and Children and Families Strategic Commissioning and Policy Teams to deliver specific programmed commissioning activity to improve outcomes.
- Leading on specific commissioning programmes and activities that will deliver the business plans and drive further continuous improvement to ensure high performing, sustainable and cost-effective services or place shaping activities.
- Collaboratively co-produce design solutions, drawing on good data and insight, expertise methods and approaches from within the council, across Essex and nationally.
- Innovatively respond to new challenges and opportunities ensuring that risks are mitigated and managed, meeting all compliance with internal regulation.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant business, process or professional area.
- Evidence of ability to influence key decision makers with a clear understanding of the vision and strategy to inspire others.
- Knowledge and proficient experience of the commissioning cycle together with mastery of programme and project management.
- Curiosity and learning from other innovative and inspirational organisations, evidence of ability to create a compelling case for change.
- Experience of working within a political and complex environment, working effectively with a range of stakeholder and partner agencies at all levels.
- Evidence of creativity in delivering results and managing change alongside leadership capability.
- Evidence of commercial awareness and creativity in developing business opportunities.
This role involves travelling around Essex and beyond. A driving licence and car - or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means - is essential.
To read more about us please visit:
Adult Social Care: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/adult-social-care/
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment .
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join the Essex Talent Community