Domestic Homicide Reviews Project Officer
Fixed Term, Part Time
Up to £28,460 per annum FTE
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date: 7th January 2024
Please note that this role is being offered as a Fixed Term contract for 2 years and is for 30 hours a week (pro rata salary is up to £23,075 per annum)
Interviews will be taking place on Monday 15th January 2024
Working on behalf of the Southend, Essex and Thurrock Domestic Abuse Board (www.setdab.org), this role is responsible for helping to deliver and project-manage the Domestic Homicide Review (DHR) processes across Southend, Essex and Thurrock (SET). You will be working closely with the Community Safety Partnerships across SET and other agencies in SET and beyond.
You will need excellent administrative skills, including being experienced in using the range of MS Office packages. This is a busy, challenging role, where you will need to be able to multi task and manage your time effectively.
Working in a challenging area the role requires the ability to deal sensitively and confidentially with often distressing information relating to individuals who have been killed or died due to suicide where domestic abuse has been a factor, and where multi-agency learning is possible.
In line with Essex County Councils’ Ways of Working, this role has been deemed as an ‘Anywhere Worker’ position. This means you are able to work remotely for the majority of the time, with occasional trips to the office based on business need. Any journeys to the office would be at your own expense. More specific details about this can be discussed at the interview stage should you be invited to interview. Travel across Southend, Essex and Thurrock is required at times.
- Work as part of a specialist DA team providing proactive, efficient, effective admin project support, taking initiative and acting on their behalf by resolving issues, gathering information, filtering/ screening calls, making formal appointments/meetings, ensuring co-ordination of diaries.
- Organise and attend meetings, conferences and events; prepare and distribute agendas and papers, take accurate minutes and actions, distribute and ensure that outcomes are actioned by the relevant individuals.
- Take initiative and independent actions to deal with queries from partners and key stakeholders.
- Organise information and use judgement on how to store information and records are accurately. This involves maintaining accurate records of important information including updating files, documents and websites.
- Prepare correspondence and documents from notes, dictation or other instructions; collate supporting papers and reports.
- Track the DA Budget, correctly recording spend and provide reports within timescales. Accountability to the DA Partners is essential, providing confidence that their contributions are well managed.
- Effectively communicate and engage with all customers and key stakeholders on daily business issues as well as future service solutions.
- Do research, collate and analyse information as required with managers/practitioners, including compilation of effectively presented reports.
- Support all DHR processes, SETDAB and its subgroups, organising meetings, managing agendas and processes, co-ordinating papers ensuring they are submitted on time and in the right formats.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Awareness of DHR legislation would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills by phone, face to face, online platforms, in a range of environments including meetings and promotional events.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs grades A*- C, including English Language and Maths.
- Able to travel as required throughout Southend, Essex and Thurrock.
- Proficient in current PC based systems and databases (including MS Office).
- Experience and knowledge monitoring budgets to produce summary spend and forecast reports and the ability to raise invoices and purchase orders.
- Experience of working in a multi-agency partnership environment.
- Creativity and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure/demanding deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of service.
- Understanding, acceptance and commitment to the principles underlying equal opportunities.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org