HR Systems Manager (Harlow Council)
Permanent, Part Time
£35,406.18 - £37,129.73 per annum
Closing Date: Sunday 15th October 2023
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Harlow Council to recruit into their role of HR Systems Manager.
Contract type: Permanent, up to 32 hours per week, paying £35,406.18 - £37,129.73 per annum. Full time equivalent of £41,496 - £43,516 per annum.
To lead, manage and have overall accountability for the development, implementation and maintenance of systems used by the HR and Payroll Teams and any associated application upgrades, interfaces to other applications. Ensuring the availability, resilience, and integrity of any data within the systems. Providing technical expertise to HR colleagues supporting and guiding Manager and Employee Self Service with the aim of using them to their maximum potential to support organisation efficiency.
This includes all MHR/ iTrent & E-learning products – including not limited to HR configurations for system access, recruitment, learning and performance, check-ins modules within the iTrent system and to support Payroll system integration alongside ensuring the viability of e-learning for the council.
The Human Resources team are looking to appoint a HR System Manager to lead and be responsible for the HR and Payroll data systems.
The post holder will lead, manage, and have overall accountability for the development, implementation and maintenance of systems used by the HR and Payroll Teams, including MHR/ iTrent and E-learning products.
Duties will include designing, developing, and building systems within timescales to a high quality. Designing, writing, and interpreting individual modules from specific requirements. Creating and delivering system training and training materials for end users.
The successful candidate will be required to have experience of managing, maintaining, and developing integrated HR and e-learning systems in a systems administrator capacity.
You will also have experience of reporting on statistical data, project management and experience of training others.
*Occasional evening and weekend work will be required for system updates.
The Experience You Will Bring
· Experience of working within an HR environment.
· A relevant IT qualification to NVQ Level 3 or higher or a relevant qualification or certification in database management.
· ILM Level 5 or equivalent or willingness to undertake the qualification.
· Experience of managing, maintaining and developing integrated HR (preferably iTrent) and e-learning systems in a systems administrator capacity.
· Able to report on and provide accurate statistical data to inform decision making processes.
· Developing and managing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders as well as with colleagues across the organisation.
· Full comprehension of GDPR, including relation to HR records accessibility legislation and Freedom of Information Acts. Excellent Information Technology skills with the ability to present technical statistical data in an easy-to-understand format.
· Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload effectively.
Why choose Harlow Council?
Working for Harlow gives you the chance to make a practical and positive difference to the lives of people living and working here. In return for your skills and commitment, Harlow provide many benefits to help make a positive difference to your life too.
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Harlow Council
Harlow Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation. Harlow Council are a disability confident employer and offer at least the real living wage to all our employees, as well as generous leave and excellent training opportunities.
The Council applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Harlow Council website https://www.harlow.gov.uk/jobs
Apply here : https://www.harlow.gov.uk/jobs/hr-systems-manager-0
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Natasha Terrell, Assistant Director Governance, HR & Legal, on 01279 4406022. For full copy of the job description or employee profile please contact firstname.lastname@example.org