Part Time Passenger Transport Infrastructure Development Officer
Fixed Term, Part Time
Up to £30,927 per annum, pro rata
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Please note that this position is being offered on a Part Time basis, offering 20 hours per week which can be worked over 3, 4 or 5 days, at the successful candidate’s choice but with a same, set pattern of days and hours to be used each week once established.
Term-time only may be considered.
The position is also being offered as a Fixed Term Contract or as a Secondment, with a planned duration of 12 months.
The position is classed as an Anywhere Worker role, with the expectation the successful worker will attend County Hall, Chelmsford one to two days per week.
Essex County Council (ECC) has a Bus Service Improvement Plan (BSIP) which sets out how ECC will increase the number of people travelling by bus. The Bus Roadside Infrastructure can influence peoples view of the bus and the Bus Infrastructure Team’s role is to provide quality roadside infrastructure for the residents of Essex. There are 7,483 bus stops in Essex, and 2,108 have bus shelters, 2,891 are bus stops with a level boarding facility or raised kerb and 5,488 have flags and poles.
The role will support the Infrastructure Development Manager in the analyst of current bus infrastructure and identify replacement, maintenance, and new requirements, in coordination and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
The role will support the management bus infrastructure projects and work collaboratively with colleagues across Essex County Council, Districts, City and Borough Councils, plus Bus Operators and Local Developers.
This role requires a candidate with excellent analytical, organisational, and communication skills as you will be working with a diverse team.
- Reporting to Infrastructure Development Senior Officer and Infrastructure Manager, part of the Integrated Passenger Transport Unit (IPTU).
- Provide support for local partnerships to ensure Roadside Bus Infrastructure meets the needs of Essex residents and supports the BSIP ambition to see more people traveling by bus.
- Support the Infrastructure Development Manager and Senior Officer in ensuring project meet key milestones and are delivered on time and within budget.
- Support projects by keeping stakeholders updated on progress and escalating any risks to the management team.
- Develop strong working relationships with suppliers, operator and other relevant partners; whilst also evaluating, analysing and understanding the voice of the Essex resident through a variety of data sources and other anecdotal evidence.
- Support carrying out onsite inspections and audits.
- Responsible for ensuring prompt and efficient processing of member enquiries and those of customer and work colleagues.
- Assist with the development of a programme of capital and revenue projects to deliver the Passenger Transport and wider directorate and corporate policies and strategies.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A good standard of general education (A level / NVQ level 3 within a relevant sector, plus 5 GCSEs A-C or 4-9, including English and Math’s), or equivalent by experience.
- Evidence of working in a team and with a range of stakeholders.
- Evidence of organisational skills.
- Experience of project management practices, an advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills.
- Excellent communication and written correspondence experience with strong accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Office, predominantly Word and Excel.
- Evidence of continuing professional development or willingness to develop additional professional qualifications in relevant professional area.
Please note that the job role requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area. Therefore, the post holder will need to have a driving licence and access to a vehicle, or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means.
To read more about us please visit: Climate, Environment and Customer Services
Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us.
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com