Social Care Direct Advisor
Permanent, Part Time
Up to £24,565 per annum pro rata
Working Style: Fixed-base worker
Closing Date: 26th September 2023
Please note that this position is for 21 hours per week (3x7 hour shifts) including covering evenings, weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
In addition to the basic salary, there is a 15% allowance for unsociable hours.
Rota available on request
Come and join our very supportive, Emergency Duty Service (EDS) who have an extremely important role to play within Adult and Children's Social Care for Essex.
EDS provide a prompt and efficient response to service users within Adult and Children's services, carers, agencies, medical care and professionals, giving information advice, and, where appropriate, extending a package of care.
We currently have a part time vacancy (21 hours) based at our offices in Chelmsford, there is no home working available but plenty of free parking onsite.
The Experience You Will Bring:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent by experience.
- Customer service experience including answering a high volume of calls
- Excellent typing and office based skills.
- Experience of working under pressure in a busy office environment.
- A working knowledge of standard ICT software and systems, in particular MS Word and Excel.
- Experience of using own initiative to progress work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with challenging people in a sensitive manner.
- Full training for this role will be given
- Responsible for using specialist knowledge and judgement on Adult, Child and Mental Health services available in order to respond to enquiries and requests with appropriate information and advice.
- Responsible for identifying and responding to urgent or critical situations by passing referrals to the EDS Social Workers in order to ensure appropriate escalation and management of situations.
- Responsible for providing accurate and up-to-date information and advice to callers on Social Care policies and services, including eligibility criteria, and services provided by other statutory, private and voluntary agencies.
- Responsible for ensuring that all information is recorded quickly and accurately and is entered onto the appropriate database in order to ensure records are properly maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring that all information recorded complies with data recording legislation and guidance.
- Responsible for capturing data required for performance indicators in the correct format or style in order for it to be transcribed on the appropriate system.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in order to support the sharing of knowledge and new information.
- Work collaboratively as a representative of Social Care Direct on project and consultation groups in order to ensure knowledge and information is shared with colleagues.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
To read more about us please visit: Children & Families
Please take a look at our ‘No Magic’ Children & Families video here
Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org