Social Worker - Children with Disabilities, North Essex
Temporary, Full Time
£192 PAYE/£207 Ltd per day
Working Style: Community-based worker
Closing Date: 29th November 2023
Unlocking Opportunities for You: Join Our Social Care Team!
At Essex County Council, we value our colleagues' well-being and recognise the importance of flexibility in the demanding field of children's Social Care. That's why we're excited to introduce an innovative approach to work-life balance: the nine-day working fortnight, designed specifically for full-time frontline Social Workers within Children’s services. nine-day working fortnight
A Glimpse into Our World: Children with Disabilities
Our Children and Young People with Disabilities Service is on a mission to empower children and young adults up to 25 years old who have special educational needs and/or disabilities, along with their families. We operate from offices strategically located in Basildon, Chelmsford, Colchester, and Harlow, ensuring accessibility and convenience for all. Within these offices, our dedicated teams collaborate seamlessly to provide an integrated and holistic service.
Meet Our Dynamic Teams:
- 0 – 15 Social Care: Caring for the youngest members of our community.
- 16 – 25 Social Care: Supporting the transition into adulthood.
- Occupational Therapy (OT): Enhancing lives through tailored therapies.
- Preparing for Adulthood (PFA’s): Guiding our youth on the path to independence.
But we're not stopping there. Our high-needs further education team is on a mission to break down barriers. They process applications for additional funding, making sure learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities have the opportunity to access Post-16 college provision.
Your Journey Begins Here: What We're Looking For
If you're ready to embark on this rewarding journey with us, here's what we're seeking:
- Qualifications: A diploma or degree in Social Work, CQSW, CSS, or an equivalent qualification.
- Certification: Registration with Social Work England as a registered Social Worker.
- Professional Standards: A demonstrable capability to practice in line with current professional standards, such as the Professional Capability Framework (PCF) and Knowledge & Skills Statement (KSS).
- Documentation: Proficiency in case recording.
- Social Work Skills: The ability to apply social work knowledge, using emotional intelligence, analytical skills, and confidence in challenging social and family situations.
- Tech-Savvy: A strong working knowledge of information technology and related systems, including Word and SW case recording systems.
- Flexibility: Willingness to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends when necessary to make a positive impact on the lives of those we serve.
Ready to make a meaningful difference? Join us at Essex County Council, where we're transforming lives and creating a brighter future for our community. Your journey starts here!
To read more about us please visit: Children & Families
Please take a look at our ‘No Magic’ Children & Families video
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wider operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org