At Essex County Council (ECC), what we do impacts the lives of over 1.4 million people. From the safety of children to the independent lives of older residents, and from boosting quality of life through public health to the lasting regeneration of proud towns and cities – everything we do takes a pioneering and agile approach.
Talented and experienced, our Procurement team is the largest in Local Government. We work with colleagues across the Council, with our partners in the wider public sector and with our supply chains to deliver innovative solutions for the people of Essex. We lead the end to end procurement cycle and have responsibility for all category management, sourcing, and contract management, managing a supply chain whose reach is one of the largest in the public sector. We manage an annual third party spend of £1.2bn and a contract portfolio of £5.8bn.
Are you interested in a career in Public Sector Procurement and making a difference to your local community? Then join us at our upcoming networking event.
We have vacancies from Procurement Officers to Category & Contract Managers and can offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
You will have the opportunity to hear from colleagues across the function, hear what it’s like to work for ECC and speak directly with hiring managers about the opportunities we have available.
Benefits of working for us
- Make a difference to the local community, be that infrastructure, climate change or adult social care and help us transform Essex to a circular economy as we redefine growth and focus on positive society-wide benefits.
- We are the only CIPS accredited County Council in the UK.
- We are the largest Local Authority Procurement Team in the UK and have a national reputation for excellence.
- Work for a high performing team with great team morale and friendly, helpful, and supportive colleagues.
- Happy to consider Public and Private sector backgrounds.
- Great training pathways. Encouragement to all staff for their continual professional development with full support and guidance towards CIPS / MCIPS.
- Flexible working – with no official start or finish time you can make your work arrangement work around the other elements of your life offering a fantastic work / life balance.
- Local Authority Pension Scheme. For more details please visit: https://www.essexpensionfund.co.uk/
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holiday.
- 37 hour working week.
- Continuous Service – Joining us from another local authority? Then you could benefit from bringing your time served and benefits with you.
You’ll do great here if you have
- Exceptional Complex Stakeholder Management Skills
- Accountability – Fixing, Solving, Owning
- Proactive Individuals
- Excellent Technical Skills
- Ability to Challenge Senior Management
- Thinkers and Influencers
- Understanding True Priorities
- Customer Focused
- Plenty of Enthusiasm!
Procurement can offer some fantastic positions within vibrant and growing teams. You’ll find an inclusive culture and a place where your opinion is valued. You can find out more about us and the work we do here: https://workingforessex.com/role/finance-technology/
The Council has developed a package of benefits that we hope resonates with you. You can find out more about our pay and reward offer on our https://workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/